The Federation of International Horse Agility Clubs (FIHAC)
The Governing body of Horse Agility Clubs Worldwide. Although the word ‘horse’ is used within the title all equines can be included in these Clubs.
The Federation was set up to ensure that the core values of Horse Agility are maintained across the world namely that the horse is treated in an ethically sound and humane way throughout its training and in competition.
The Federation also oversees that any competitions are run in a standard form to create a consistency throughout the sport worldwide encouraging positive international relations between Horse Agility Clubs.
The aim of Horse Agility training is that the horse has a choice as to whether it completes the obstacle or not by making the ultimate aim of any participant to turn the horse loose to complete each obstacle at liberty.
FIHAC oversees that any affiliated Horse Agility Club offers good training and well run events and that the core values of The Horse Agility Club are upheld worldwide.
FIHAC expects the following from its members:
- That they constantly oversee the environment in which their Club is operating.
- That they keep the practice and participation of the sport at the highest standard.
- That they promote the sport, encouraging training and participation in a positive and encouraging way.
- That they are up to date with the rules and regulations of the sport.
- That they show respect and understanding for the safety of others including the equines.
- That they make the sport accessible to all whatever their ability and respect the rights of all participants humans and equines alike.
- Develop trainers and participants to progress within the sport.
- Organize competitions.
- Have a system where members can voice their concerns at any time.
- Wear safety equipment in line with their insurance
- There must be a zero tolerance of bullying of any kind whether it is face to face or through social media.